Friday, December 11, 2009

Day #3

Sug acknowledged the clean house!!! Yeah!! For Day #2 of The Love Dare, I was supposed to do a kind gesture for my spouse. I really prayed about it, but all I kept getting was that my house was a disaster and needed a good cleaning. I really wan't sure that it would be a kind gesture directed toward my husband, but I did it anyway as if it was. Ends up, he was blessed by it and I followed God's lead!!! Day #3 suggested that I purchase something to let my husband know that I was thinking of him. I'm embarassed and sad to say that I went to the supermarket and bought him the milk and coffee filters he had asked for yesterday morning. So unromantic, but if you know me, you know I ONLY go to the supermarket once a week. If I forget diapers, bread, milk, or any other necessity, it will just have to wait until next week and we'll figure out a way to make due. In this case, I had bought milk but Sug had used it all to eat a whole box of Cocoa Puffs (Gid love him, he's gross like that). As for the coffee filters, he hadn't asked for them and I don't drink coffee, so I didn't know we were out. It may not be what the writers of the book had in mind, but it works for us. I once again prayed about it and did it with a heart for my husband. There was no thanks or acknowledgement of it this time, but it made my heart smile when I saw him taking a sip of his coffee as he kissed us all and headed out the door. Day #4 is a call at work with no agenda. Although we talk quite a bit throughout the day, when I call, there's usually an agenda. He calls on his way to a job, lunch break and on his way home. WOW!!! Typing that was the first time I noticed the effort my husband makes to be a part of our daily lives while he's at work. I may just have to thank him for that...but I'll wait until HE calls ME for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment