Friday, October 2, 2009

Drumroll Please






Tomorrow is the big Wizard of Oz birthday party, and there is still a bunch of things to do. I need to assemble the 'Rainbow Birthday cake'. I made 6 white cakes: red, orange, yellow, gree, blue, and purple. I will be cutting them in half and layering them to make two 6 half layer cakes. I will be covering them with blue frosting (sky), a little rainbow and a number 3 candle. I will also have green macaroni & cheese and Toto hot dogs (teeney weenies) among other things. I also need to cut doors and windows in Emerald City. Here are a few pictures of some of the stuff I've finished: The Wicked Witch's legs, Tinman party hats, Cowardly Lion Apple Toss, Dorothy's costume, Yellow Brick Road and lolipops as big as your fist. I've finished much more, but instead of snapping pictures, I need to buckle down. We're expecting close to 50 people (98% family) and it is now supposed to rain. I had planned a route around my yard, but it looks like I'm going to need to regroup on a few things. I may even need to make a rain date.

Lesson in the process of being learned:
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

No comments:

Post a Comment