Friday, October 23, 2009

Mommy Birthdays


Well, today is my 34th Birthday. I have to admit, I have very few feelings about today. As a matter of fact, until a few days ago I actually thought I was going to be 35. I was talking to one of my nearest and dearest friends. We actually lived with one house separating us, our parents had never met until a week before our shared first birthday. We've been besties ever since (By the way, she'd kill me for using the word besties.). I actually asked her if she had any big plans for our 35th and she said she wasn't sure but she'd take the year to think about it. I guess that's what happens when you have kids. Their birthdays stand out and yours fade into the background. I used to walk around wearing a tiara on my birthday and would plan for weeks on how I was going to spend it. Today, my husband wished me a Happy Birthday when he woke up (he's good like that), I got to pray without interruption, I got to take a hot shower, I got an email from my chiropractor, my dad's taking me out for breakfast, my facebook page has well wishes from those who noticed the announcement, my in-laws gave me a little cash (!!!!), and I expect a couple of phone calls from my siblings and mother. I also share my birthday with my cousin/sister's (she wasn't an actual sister, but we grew up very close and still are) daughter. She'll be 1 today! All in all it's starting to pan out into a really nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment