Tuesday, July 28, 2009

School Days


I can't believe that Birdie is going to kindergarten. We just went and picked up everything she will need for school. I have to admit, I'm a little bit sad that she will be using markers, scissors, and glue without me. She's probably even going to use the pencils and chalk without a thought of me even crossing her mind. I'm hoping that each time she opens that little tye-dyed recycled pencil case or maybe the cute little kitty folder, she'll think of her mama and the day we went to pick those things out. I have to admit that I had to hold back the tears with a little joke about how big her feet are getting when I picked up a size 9 thinking they were her size only to discover that she's actually a size 12. My four year old should be incapable of fitting into something in the double digits, shouldn't she?!?! I know she'll be turning 5 in less than a month, but until that fateful day arrives, she'll be 4 to me, not 4 1/2 or 4 3/4, but 4. Today at nap time as I'm reading a few pages from her American Girl book, I'm going to make sure that I hold her a little tighter for a little longer than I did yesterday. I'm sure that it won't slow time, but it may make me feel better to hold onto it purposefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment