Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fleas

I wish it weren't so. Just yesterday I found 2 fleas on our Lil Mo Cat. If this wasn't the week it is, this could have meant total devestation of our home. Since we moved in to our house 3 years ago, we have been battling fleas. The people who owned the house before us had quite a few animals and a houseful of flea infested carpeting. The first thing we did when we moved in was tear up that nasty carpet and put in hardwood floors. That should have solved our flea problem, right? Apparently not. Evidently, the fleas were so bad that they had been living in the insulation under the floor and ended up taking over our house. It was so bad that we bombed our house 3 times last summer. This summer has been so much better, there hadn't been a trace of fleas until yesterday. Unfortunately, at the beginning of the summer, Mo had an allergic reaction to the all natural flea repellant I put on her and she had to start taking antibiotics. I'm a little frightened to put Frontline on her, but I can't have her riddled with fleas either. Thankfully, we are going on vacation. Mo will be going to my father's and Chloe will be going to the kennel. I'm going to bathe them both and treat them with Frontline before I send them off and we will be bombing the house while we're gone. It's a bummer that this has come up again, but the timing is perfect. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment