Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Pointer Sisters


So, whenever something awesome happens the song "I'm so excited" by The Pointer Sisters blares in my head and most times even escapes from my lips. The song is usually accompanied by a little 'happy dance' and a great big smile. This is how I woke up this morning. Why? Because today is the day that I'm going to be heading over to a local farm to join their CSA. The farmer's wife (who is also a farmer) has agreed to let me join half way through the season!!! Not only will I be receiving organic veggies, but also free range eggs, beef, chicken, goat, turkey and pork. They are also in the process of building a new cheese making facility!!! Normally, this would not be something that I could afford, but for the past couple of months I have been setting aside a bit of money each week for a special gift for Birdie's birthday. I had wanted to adopt a child through World Vision with the same birthday as Bird so that she could have a pen pal, learn about a different culture, helping others, and caring for the needy. I still think this is a great idea, but Birdie's birthday is in a couple of weeks and we're a bit short in the $ department, not to mention that Birdie can only really write her name. I had decided to put World Vision off until next year, when the CSA opportunity presented itself. I will now have a whole year to set aside $ for WV and 12 weeks to set aside $ for the next session at the CSA. "I'm so excited, woo wee, and I just can't hide it, no no, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it, yeah yeah" I love when God just puts stuff like that all together in one fell swoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment